School Development Group
The program to improve the quality of the RIS Swiss Section – German-speaking School Bangkok takes places within the framework of the School Development Group (PQM) (according to the rules of procedure).
The school development group aims:
• together with the school management to guide the school development at RIS Swiss Section – Deutschsprachige
• to develop and coordinate the processes required for internal and external evaluations,
• to achieve prioritized objectives of school development (developing and defining goals)
• to coordinate the teaching development working group in accordance with rules of procedure set directly by the school
• to further train and advise teachers and administrative staff about further education opportunities.
Formation and Work of the School Development Group
The school director shall appoint the head of the school development group from the ranks of teachers and has a seat, if required, at each session. The meetings of the school development group will generally be held twice per quarter. The meetings of the school development group include the representatives of the various stakeholders (the Board, parents, teachers, school management), the Head of the Teaching Development workgroup, and, if necessary, the Head of Administration and a representative from the student council (SMV).
The meetings are organized and moderated by the Head of the School Development Group.
Documentation, Communication, and Expansion
The school development group informs the governing bodies of school on their work processes and results after consultation with the school director.
In terms of a quality cycle, the school development group is responsible for a complete project and process management. Accordingly, the school development process is systematically and uniformly documented. This includes in particular the continuation of the action plans for the Swiss and German authorities.
Cooperation with Other Schools
The RIS Swiss Section – German-speaking School Bangkok promotes exchange with other schools that have begun the process of quality development for comparable quality frameworks, as well as to help promote and support each other in these goals.